Tuesday, January 8, 2013

book review - The Host

On Friday I realized that I have been in Finland for pretty long already and I still hadn't read a book that I took with me to Finland. So, I decided to focus on reading. This is the reason why I didn't go to the Internet on Sunday at all. I was reading the whole day! The book I was reading was The Host. I have had this book for about 3 years or even longer. I started reading it when I first got it, but for some reason I stopped after reading 80 pages. The storyline seemed quite boring and a bit confusing. Then I met Jay and I gave him the book to read. He said it was very good book. So, I thought I should still read it. Then I forgot it. Last summer I started reading it again, but then stopped again after readin a little over 100 pages. But I promised myself that I will find time and I will read it through when I have more time. I took the book to Finland because I knew I had so much free time here to enjoy reading this book. Of course I found myself doing everything else besides reading. But hey, I finally realized that and found time to read The Host through. I actually finished reading it today about an hour ago. I have NO idea why I didn't read it through right when I bought that book. It was amazing! The storyline was actually so interesting. The author is Stephenie Meyer, so you can imagine how great book it is! To be honest, I think the first 100 pages aren't that interesting. It takes time to understand what's going on. But then at some point there is so much going on, there's a complicated lovestory, lots of action, different caracters and lots of hope. Throughout the whole book I had my favorite caracters - Wanda (Wanderer) and Ian. I kept telling Jay that I want Wanda to be with Ian. I did't like Melanie or Jared. I didn't care for them. The story had an happy ending (if you can call it like that in a changed and mixed up world like they were living in). I am very care with the way it ended, I feel like everybody got their peace. I am actually so happy that I finally finished reading this amazing book. It was a great experience, I almost feel like I was part of that story and that crazy world. Thanks, Jay, for telling me how good book it actually is!
 
PS! A good news - The Host movie is in production right now and should be out in the end of March, 2013! Yes! This year!!!!
 
A short summary of the book's storyline:
Wanderer, the invading "soul" who has been given Melanie's body, knew about the challenges of living inside a human: the overwhelming emotions, the too vivid memories. But there was one difficulty Wanderer didn't expect: the former tenant of her body refusing to relinquish possession of her mind.
Melanie fills Wanderer's thoughts with visions of the man Melanie loves-Jared, a human who still lives in hiding. Unable to separate herself from her body's desires, Wanderer yearns for a man she's never met. As outside forces make Wanderer and Melanie unwilling allies, they set off to search for the man they both love.
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment