Saturday, January 12, 2013

In Tallinn with Rebecca

Like I mentioned I went to Estonia on 9th Jan for three days. Why? Well, My friend Katie who lives in USA wrote me in the beginning of December and told me that her friend Rebecca is going to travel to Finland and she could like to visit Estonia too. She asked if I could be able to show her around. I sure agreed. So, for that one Rebecca and I wrote to each other on Facebook and we were planning our short trip to Tallinn. I suggested that we should stay there more than one day. And that's how it went. A day before we were supposed to meet I got a mail from her. She sent me a Christmas card. So sweet of her!
We met in Helsinki at the railway station on 9th Jan a bit before 8am. Then we took a tram to the harbor and a ferry to Tallinn. It was nice to talk to hear and learn more about her life. She's very friendly and fun girl!
The whole trip was very nice. We got to do a lot in these three days. We had a walk in the Old Town, visited KUMU museum and Kadrioru park. We also went to the movies to see The Impossible. It was such a good but sad movie. We also had very nice lunches and dinners in different foodplaces. Of course we went to the Viru Shopping Center. I guess the most we spent time in the Old Town. She took a lot of photos. Even I took quite a lot.
I really had a fantastic time with her. She's been travelling so much and it was so awesome to hear her stories about her trip. She also gave such a lovely present!!! She really likes photography and she made me cards of the photos she's taken. Amazingly beautiful! And an awesome idea! She also made me fridge magnets of beer caps. They look exaclty like these are bought from a shop. But she actually made them! On top of that she made some delicious sweets that I loved and a CD which I can't wait to listen to :) And I also got really cute earrings of one penny :) Everything she gave me was so speical especially because I know she took time to make these herself! My friend Katie also sent me a little gift with Rebecca - two Hershey chocolates! My favorite ones!
 
I really hope Rebecca will be visiting Estonia again. Maybe in the summer time when everything is green! I am so happy that I got a new friend like her. I feel we have so much is common - we both watch the same tv shows, our fav books author is Cecelia Ahern, we both love photography, she's very tolerant, she also talks a lot (like I do), we both love postcards and travelling, we both love food (hehe) and so on. I think we had a really fun time together in Tallinn and I am looking forward to meeting her again!!!

PS! She helped me to download Whatsapp to my phone :) I'm so glad I finally got it too :)
 
She's taking a photo of the sea. It was so cold and windy outside.

Dessert after lunch. Frozen yogurt with toffee and cherries :)

Gifts from Rebecca :) Love them!

She also got me these awesome 1 penny earrings :)

My favorite chocolate!

Snowy Tallinn.

We were taking loads of photos.

Little birds eating.

We saw this funny squirrel street sign.

Kadrioru museum.

Kunst = art. On our way to the KUMU art museum.

Such a beautiful painting.

Probably my favorite painting from KUMU art museum.

Rebecca took tons of photos of the paintings. I did too :P

Lunch at a cafe "6 pelmeeni".

Little dessert before the movies. I had Tosca cake (yum!) and hot chocolate (which I didn't like at all)

Dinner at Vapiano. We both had pesto pasta:) One of my favorite!

Back in Helsinki. Jay took this photo.


 

No comments:

Post a Comment